What is the most pleasurable exercise all round the world? Is it adventure trips, Video games, watching movies…No.? It’s a KISS. Surprised? Know some more interesting facts about the KISS!!
It’s as good as chewing gum
An act of kissing puts 29 facial muscles in motion of which the main is orbicularis oris. In other words, kissing can be used as an effective exercise to prevent the development of wrinkles. A quick romantic kiss will burn about 2-3 calories; whereas French kiss (an open mouthed kiss with tongue contact) will obliterate more than 5 calories. Kissing for one minute burns 26 calories.
Increases your immunity
Saliva containing various substances e.g. fats, mineral salts, proteins, hormones transfer while kissing. The exchange of these substances boost the production of antibodies which are made specifically to deal with the antigens associated with different diseases.
You blush when you’re in love
Smooching improves the circulation thus giving a glow to your skin.
It’s a sensory organ
Sensitivity of the lips is 200 times higher than that of the fingers
Have a great life expectancy with a simple kiss
Men who kiss their wives goodbye before going to work live five years longer than those who just hurry to work. Men of the latter category are said to be more prone to traffic accidents. Kissing can help women relieve daily stress.
Some fun facts
- As a rule, 66 percent of people keep their eyes closed while kissing. The rest take pleasure in watching the emotions on the faces of their partners.
- According to U.S. statistics, an American woman would kiss an average of 80 men before she gets married.
- On an average a person spends 20160 minutes of his life on kissing.
- The world record for longest kiss goes to Americans Rich Langley and Louisa Almedovar for a session that lasted 30 hours and 59 minutes.
- Like fingerprints, no two lip impressions are alike
- Certain African tribes literally kiss the ground of their leaders
- In many parts of Europe, it is not unusual for men to kiss each other.
- Kissing people on both cheeks as a form of greeting is another popular custom in many parts of the world
- Both Eskimos and Egyptians “kiss” by rubbing noses, hence an “Eskimo kiss.”
Kissing is romance and passion which keeps people together. Women can predict, if a relationship is going to work after the first kiss. Kissing triggers a whole spectrum of physiological processes that boost up your immunity and generally spruce up that body you work so hard to keep eye-catching.